Thursday, April 17, 2008

Maddie's School Picture

Today Madalynn brought home her 2007-2008 school pictures and begged us to buy them. Now, I’m pretty much inclined to buy all of that crap for my kids—the pictures, the t-shirts, the yearbooks—because I’ve learned the value of fitting in with your peers. Something I was never very good at when I was young.

When I looked at the prices on the envelope I was shocked. I’m not going to tell you how much it was—largely because I can’t remember as I’ve blocked out those traumatic few moments—but you can believe me when I tell you it was a lot.

So being me I said, “Maddie, I’ll just scan them in and then we don’t have to pay for them.”

She immediately responded by emphatically stating that it wouldn’t work. We couldn’t copy them. I asked why and she showed me this:




...which I found terribly amusing because instead of reading, "Professional portraits. Do not copy.", Maddie read, "Professional portraits do not copy."


At any rate, we had a good laugh about it and then I scanned it in, adjusted it with Photoshop (which I downloaded for free) on my Windows XP operating system (which I downloaded for free) with my keyboard and mouse (that I got for free from work). Obviously there's a trend here. You might say that I'm not a big fan of the words "intellectual property".


Regardless, here, for your viewing pleasure, is my beautiful Maddie:

2 comments:

Vicki said...

She IS beautiful and this is a very nice photo of her. I copied it to my computer for my viewing pleasure too. Do you have closeup photos of Kastlee and Joseph as well? Please share them if you do and if you don't, please take some and share them cuz I need current one...♥♥♥

Heidi said...

How did you get photoshop for free? I want it too but am too poor to pay for it. Will you help me get it for nothing???