So last month on the 24th--the day after Easter--we went to the White House for the Annual White House Easter Egg Roll...a tradition that dates back to Easter 1878 during the term of President Rutherford B. Hayes. For more information you can click here.
It's an amazingly stupid tradition that, in my (not even remotely) humble opinion is both a massive waste of time and monumental waste of taxpayer dollars. To be fair, the event was much less expensive this year compared to others because of the fact that the rapidly accelerating devaluation of our currency has resulted in $1 being roughly equal to 0.017 Meticais, the national currency of Mozambique.
But I digress.
The night before the day before Easter (aka Friday night) Melinda and a group of friends went to the White House to stand in line for tickets. While there they reenacted scenes from Star Wars I, The Phantom Menace:
It's an amazingly stupid tradition that, in my (not even remotely) humble opinion is both a massive waste of time and monumental waste of taxpayer dollars. To be fair, the event was much less expensive this year compared to others because of the fact that the rapidly accelerating devaluation of our currency has resulted in $1 being roughly equal to 0.017 Meticais, the national currency of Mozambique.
But I digress.
The night before the day before Easter (aka Friday night) Melinda and a group of friends went to the White House to stand in line for tickets. While there they reenacted scenes from Star Wars I, The Phantom Menace:
She arrived home around 10 AM the next morning exhausted but happy and then promptly went to bed.
On Monday we arrived at the White House and took the pictures below. Aside from what you see here, the girls got to watch the Jonas Brothers (three stupid adolescent kids who make more money than me) perform and behaved much as you would expect pre-teen girls to behave in such a situation. It was very cute and they were fun to watch.
Joseph did the Roll…which involved standing in line for over an hour and then 8 seconds of hitting a hard-boiled egg with a spatula for like 15 feet. It was the most exciting thing I’ve ever done.
Aside from that I mostly wandered around in a haze of back pain praying for my misery to end. Fun was had by all!!!
On Monday we arrived at the White House and took the pictures below. Aside from what you see here, the girls got to watch the Jonas Brothers (three stupid adolescent kids who make more money than me) perform and behaved much as you would expect pre-teen girls to behave in such a situation. It was very cute and they were fun to watch.
Joseph did the Roll…which involved standing in line for over an hour and then 8 seconds of hitting a hard-boiled egg with a spatula for like 15 feet. It was the most exciting thing I’ve ever done.
Aside from that I mostly wandered around in a haze of back pain praying for my misery to end. Fun was had by all!!!
I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I did taking them.
When we first arrived
Joseph's favorite part was the picture taking.
With Little Foot.
With Sarah.
With Grandma Carroll
I have no idea who this woman is and,
frankly, I'm a little uncomfortable with this picture.
Coloring Easter Eggs...
...and smiling.
You can see why my back was killing me. I'm
wearing a pregnancy suit under my shirt.
This picture was not nearly as spontaneous as it looks.
Maddie making her ears.
Kastlee making her ears.
3 comments:
I looks like a beautiful day and I'm sure this will be a wonderful memory for your children. It is nice to see a photo with your family all together.
Yeah...but...I had to listen to the Jonas Brothers...
I'm dying over the comment of your back hurting you because of the pregnancy suit you're wearing.
What a good mom Melinda is for standing in line all night to get tickets to this. She deserves a day at a spa or something for that.
I love the pictures of you all together. You look like you had a good time, despite having to listen to the Jonas Brothers. :)
Post a Comment