In January when Mom and Dad came to visit we took a trip to the National Marine Corps Museum that opened up at MCB Quantico in November of 2006. As museums go it's a pretty neat place and we had a wonderful time.
The National Museum of the Marine Corps at Night
In the gallery when we first arrived
Landing near Ho Chi Minh City
After going through the majority of the museum we stopped in Tun Tavern. It's a replica of the original tavern in Philadelphia where, on November 10, 1775 after the Continental Congress commissioned Samuel Nicholas to raise two Battalions of Marines, Nicholas set up shop in Tun Tavern and began recruiting the nation's first Marines. Since that day, Tun Tavern has been known as the birthplace of the Marine Corps.
That being said, the food was mediocre, the service sub-par, and the serving wenches were disappointingly aged. But it was a really neat place to go and spend time together. The girls loved being with Grandma Vicki and monopolized most of her time. Grandma Vicki loved this, of course.
Though he was much more comfortable with Grandma and Grandpa on this visit, Joseph mostly just enjoyed being with his sisters and mom and dad.
Dad and I spent most of the meal talking politics and history
and had a great time. He really learned something.
Towards the end of our visit I began lagging behind the rest of the group to take some pictures I wanted to take. The results of my efforts are below. I'm so proud.
Duchess and I grew very close at Stalag 13.

2 comments:
Kastlee is SO tall! All the kids look so grown up.
This was a fun day and Grandma Vicki DID enjoy the time with Kastlee and Madalynn, something we don't get enough of. Dad and I still talk about how great it was to be with Joseph this last visit because he was much, much more outgoing and talkative. We also enjoyed very much being with you, Paul and with Melinda.
Post a Comment