Okay folks, here we go. I received an email today from my sister-in-law stating that she had started a blog for her family. That means that of my parents 9 children three of them have their own family blog (not counting mine).
Now, normally this wouldn't bother me. I mean, most of time I'm really not that concerned with what others are doing and, in the case of my family, I usually don't have any idea. I'm not going to say whether this is my fault or theirs (it's theirs) but facts is facts. However, my meager role in my family, one which I jealously guard, is as the IT guy. I'm the one that family members annoy when they have computer problems; or when they can't figure out how to paste text into a table; or when the power is out and they can't get their computer to work. Consequently, I feel compelled to exert my dominance as family IT guru and place my thoughts online for everyone to read.
Now, if you're a frequent reader of this blog (and I know you're not because I even forgot it existed--just read my first (and only) post from 2006) or if you spend time with me in person--or if you know someone who has--you no doubt are aware of both my proclivity for expressing my opinions to others and my unbearable narcissism. So you'd think that blogging would be a natural outlet for me. However, what you may not know is that I am, above all else, profoundly lazy and commitment-averse--and blogging requires a level of both commitment and effort that I find distasteful. In fact, it's only the stimulation of that most fundamental and absolute of all my traits--the need to one-up my siblings--that ever has any hope of overcoming my addiction to sloth. Well, that and money, of course.
But that's neither here nor there. The whole point is that, once again more than two years later I am starting my blog. I hope you enjoy it. I know that I will.
Monday, April 14, 2008
And So it Goes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
To truly outdo your siblings... you need to include pictures! We like pictures.
Post a Comment